Top 5 Glute Med Activation TipsJun 21, 2022
Here are 5 quick tips for glute med activation:
- Place the elbow on the ground to roll the hips forward
- Internally rotate the leg (point the toes slightly down)
- Extend the hip (heel toward the back wall)
- Use this position mainly for improving kinesthetic awareness and then progress to different positions
- Translate your new Kinesthetic awareness into functional multi-planar movements and activate without looking like a robot
Isolation exercises are great, but by themselves, they don’t translate well to improved running or squat mechanics.
Integrate activation work into a comprehensive program of mobility, stability, functional movements, locomotion, etc. for best results!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.